Solar / PV Inspection
- The NEO PV Master products ensure quick and reliable inspection and evaluation of solar plants including a fully-automatic AI based system diagnostic. Up to 24 input channels (PV Master 80) with a rating of up to 1600V DC together with the smart IV-curve diagnostic function allows simultaneous evaluation of multiple PV strings and complete PV arrays.
WORLD’s first and most powerful solar power plant diagnostic system.
This technique will record the voltage and current profile (IV curve) of PV panels starting at the open-circuit voltage (Voc) to the short-circuit current (Isc) by applying a load. Depending of the shape of the curve, the different possible faults can be detected and differentiated. Further it’s the only method to detect mismatch losses.
- Mismatch losses - only method to detect mismatch losses
- Shading - detection of shading and estimation of lost yearly revenue
- Soiling, contamination - using intelligent algorythm
- By-pass diode failure - Detection of broken diodes (open - or shortcircuit)
- Hotspot - detection of Hot-spots even at low irradiance
- PID Detection of Potential Induced Degradation
- Cell Crack, Broken Glass - and further faults
- IEC 62446-2 - full compliant
The following picture shows an example of a simultaneous measurement of a PV array with 17 strings.
While using single-channel IV tracing systems will take a lot of time (days) for inspection of solar farms (e.g. 400 strings for 3 MW) the muti-channel IV-curve tracing system will allow inspection of solar power plants within very short time (~4 hours per MW) and will give valueable information about the mismatch losses.